Steingraeber & Pearl River Pianos

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Steingraeber & Pearl River Pianos

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Steingraeber & Pearl River Pianos are to cooperate in making a new concert grand for the Chinese market

Steingraeber will make the the soundboards and the playing mechanism and Pearl River will polish the piano The pianos are a new design just for the Chinese market and do not incorporate the current Steigraeber design

Pearl River Pianos are now the largest maker of pianos in the world annual production is 100,000 pianos

Barrie
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
schubert
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Re: Steingraeber & Pearl River Pianos

Post by schubert »

Steingraeber will make the the soundboards and the playing mechanism and Pearl River will polish the piano
Barry,

I wonder what is your source of information here.

I have a source that says the opposite, at least if by 'polish the piano' you mean 'put the finishing touches' on it:
Chinese pianos are optimized in Germany and returned to China; exclusive models exclusively for the Chinese market! Coorporation partner ist the biggest paino manufactory of the world, Pearl River, who lets Steingraeber piano makers put the finishing touches on their luxury brand named „Kayserburg“
http://www.dieklaviermachermeister.at/h ... hp?lang=en

So as I read here, it is Steingraeber that is merely doing the finishing touch.

Afterall this would not surprise me as Steingraeber, being a niche player which produces less than 100 intruments per year, only has a handfull of craftsmen abailable at the factory. Steingraeber lovers may only wish the Steingraeber factory does not spend too much time on this as this could compromise their own dedication to quality knowing that because of the success they had over the last couple of years they already had to crank up production numbers.

schubert.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Steingraeber & Pearl River Pianos

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Europiano: it say that the materials will come from China, SG will do the screwdriver bit and the polishing of the case will be done in China

thats the English translation in Europiano so it may have got a bit of chines whispers in the translation.

But if they want a quality product the above makes more scene and SG make nice pianos and the polishing of the case is the less of the skilled bit

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page