Yamaha YUS3 versus Yamaha GC1

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

pdossantos
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Yamaha YUS3 versus Yamaha GC1

Post by pdossantos »

Hi guys, I need some advice, I hope you can help me.

I want to upgrade my Yamaha B1 piano because I want a piano that will stay good enough me for the next 20 years or so.

I have been in the shop and I am doubting between the Yamaha YUS3 and Yamaha GC1, the sound of the YUS3 is fantastic, I am amazed at the quality of the strings and hammers but it isn't the prettiest thing in the world :-) The GC1 playes smoothly aswell, the sound is also very good, different then the YUS3 but very nice.

Is a grand piano just better because it is a grand?

At the end I want the best piano.

Thanks in advance ,

Patrick
Last edited by pdossantos on 16 Jun 2008, 12:28, edited 1 time in total.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Yamaha YUS3 versus Yamaha GC1

Post by Barrie Heaton »

pdossantos wrote:

Is the Japonese quality so much better the the Indonesian? Is a grand piano just better because it is a grand?

Patrick
The GC1 has the potential to out play the YUS3 but tone wise the YUS3 out performs the GC1 for me

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
pdossantos
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by pdossantos »

Thanks Barrie,

I played again yesterday and decided on the GC1, I think it will keep me happier for longer and will avoid the "one day I'll buy a grand piano " itch.

It will arrive next week! :-)

Cant wait to have it in my house and play on it!!
pdossantos
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

In happy Yamaha GC1 heaven

Post by pdossantos »

Hey guys,

Anyway, I have had my GC1 silent for over a week now, am very pleased with the mellow sound it produces and the action is just marvelous, I will never go back to an upright piano! I think this one will do me for the next 20 years :)

Anyway,
Thanks again for a great forum

Patrick