what software???

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

dragontower

what software???

Post by dragontower »

well I managed to make my own cable that goes from the "phones/output" jack of my DGX-200 to my "input"on the soundcard. Now I've got sound coming out of my pc stereo speakers!(wich is excellent).All I need now is a software that can record my playing...wich one? I've tryied some sequencers but it does'nt seem to work...Is there any "userfriendly" software outthere???
thanx.
Miyxam

Post by Miyxam »

You're probably never going to see this, but Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 is quite sufficient for the DGX-200 if you can figure out how to get all the voices to work (I couldn't, but then again I had a friend do the interfacing and I am not very smart about these things). You can probably buy the software real cheap from some online bargain bin.

I have so far been unable to figure out the exact equations of how the computer interfaces with the keyboard. I don't know if stuff like chorus and reverb can carry over, and I don't know how to make dual voice work; pretty much in Cakewalk you select a patch, record, then switch to another patch and channel and record over the first patch. I've made some cool music with the DGX-200, but it has been very limited by my utter inability to access the majority of the voices on the keyboard.
Leizul/INIFNA : Synthesis
jazzman
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by jazzman »

Dont buy anything.

Search for "FREECORDER". Quick download and the most easy thing you could ever use. Records perfect and even such that you can burn to disc.

:)