Where can I hire a piano from, and how expensive is it?

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

flowerchild

Where can I hire a piano from, and how expensive is it?

Post by flowerchild »

Hi Forum 8) , I wonder if anyone can help me? I am looking to hire a piano for 6mths - 1yr. As I move around alot, I don't permanently live in one residence. I am on 1yr placement, and I really miss having a piano in my house. I'm wondering if any1 knows of places where I can hire a piano from and how much it would cost?
pianolad23
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by pianolad23 »

Try Horesham piano centre I think thats near Surrey 01403 254223 or www.enquiries@horeshampianocentre.co.uk
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

...or Dorothy Kirkman Pianos - 01483 715885. She's in Woking, and as a one-(wo)man band, might be a bit more flexible than a bigger firm.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

did we look on here
http://www.uk-piano.org/piano-hire/south-england.html

BTW if you know of a company that is into piano-hire they can advertise on that page for free

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
flowerchild

Piano hire

Post by flowerchild »

Thank you very much...I will ring around. :lol: I hope I can get to play a beautiful piano..for a moment. I'm so excited by the thought. I will get back to you guys, when I found my match. :lol:
remlap3
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by remlap3 »

Hi Flowerchild,

http://www.sheargoldmusic.co.uk offer a hire scheme where you can rent a piano for a minimum of 6 months, with the option to either buy after that period or hire for a further 6months and so on.

They are based in Cobham, Surrey and have another shop in Maidenhead, Berkshire.

For a direct link to the hire section of their website, click below:
http://www.sheargoldmusic.co.uk/c-6-hire.aspx

Hope this helps!!
flowerchild

Post by flowerchild »

Thank you for that info :lol: thats very sweet of you. They have some pretty good schemes, waiting to get some funds together. My main concern is delivery..as 100 pounds for delivery is the general price, do you know if delivery firms charge the same price or is it just set price with piano firms? :?
PianoGuy
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by PianoGuy »

flowerchild wrote:Thank you for that info :lol: thats very sweet of you. They have some pretty good schemes, waiting to get some funds together. My main concern is delivery..as 100 pounds for delivery is the general price, do you know if delivery firms charge the same price or is it just set price with piano firms? :?
That's a fair enough price for at least an hour of two people's time, 40 miles-worth of diesel, insurance on an item worth a couple of grand and maintenance on a small truck, don't you think?

Good piano movers are skilled people, even though they may not appear like it. You'll be telling us it's got to go up a flight of stairs next!

If you can get it done cheaper, you could be asking for trouble. It's a bit like people who expect a piano to be tuned for thirty quid or so. Pay peanuts and you'll get monkeys.