Steingraeber 205

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

helmllwyn
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Steingraeber 205

Post by helmllwyn »

There's no easy way to say this ,but .......I am the proud owner of a newly acquired Steingraeber 205!, and,yes, I did swop my lovely S6 for it!. I absolutely adore this piano, and have no aspirations for anything else . . . . Ever!,
This piano is everything I ever wanted in an instrument, and although the S6 was stunning, this piano is a revelation. I know that some people consider these pianos to be "ugly", but in this case beauty is in the ears of the listener!...............different horses for different courses as the saying goes.
I have absolutely no regrets in swopping my" perfect " S6 for my wilfull and challenging Steingraeber, (chosen at the Steingreaber factory I might add!.) . . . .quick boast there!
I have no doubt that in about 5 years time the piano buying public will have a new name to aspire to other than the ubiquitous Steinway.
So, in anticipation of a few adverse responses ,. . . . .Bring them on Guys!
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Although you have to sit and look at the piano for the next whatever, it’s the sound that it can produce that is the most important

Enjoy your piano, will we be making a recording and putting it on Mytube

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
Openwood
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by Openwood »

Apparently it comes with its own paper bag....
Jazzer
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Jazzer »

It would be great to see some pics of this new instrument (via a link, obviously) and a recording would be fabulous. I have no knowledge at all of these pianos, and clearly need to know more! I wonder what could be so ugly about its appearance...?

Enjoy your new piano! My recent delivery of a Yamaha C7 was one of the most exciting days of my life and, although it is in a rather lower leaugue than both your S6 and now your new Steingraeber, I'm thrilled with it!