Broadman Pianos

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

ajsaddacs
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Broadman Pianos

Post by ajsaddacs »

Can anyone offer an opinion on new Broadman pianos and in particular the 125
PianoGuy
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by PianoGuy »

I think you probably mean Brodmann.

The 125 is a perfectly decent Austrian designed, Chinese built upright although the gaudy casework does not appeal to all. It is very good value for money and has a Chinese version of the Langer action and very good build quality at its price point.
A440
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by A440 »

It's worth trying a Schumann. They are, as far as I can make out, more or less identical. German hammers and strings, good solid pianos, but not so expensive as the Brodmans
PianoGuy
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by PianoGuy »

A440 wrote:It's worth trying a Schumann. They are, as far as I can make out, more or less identical. German hammers and strings, good solid pianos, but not so expensive as the Brodmans
Are they?

not seen one, so I won't dispute it, but you won't get the Brodmann reputation (growing) and aftercare which IME is attentive. Brodmanns are cheap enough. There comes a point where it's not advisable to economise further.
A440
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by A440 »

Well, you don't know what the aftercare is like either do you... The official UK launch is in March. Inexpensive doesn't mean cheap, just low manufacturing costs. Look out for them!
PianoGuy
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by PianoGuy »

A440 wrote:Well, you don't know what the aftercare is like either do you... The official UK launch is in March. Inexpensive doesn't mean cheap, just low manufacturing costs. Look out for them!
Don't worry, my beady eye's looking out already. Looking forward to seeing one.

Brodmann have a 10 year warranty, and seeing that the UK piano trade knows Colin Taylor of old, he daren't disappoint, so I know aftercare will be good.

Schumanns are rebadged Nanjing Moutries as far as I know. Certainly a reasonable Chinese piano, and one with an English heritage, although I think they've been out of English hands for a while now.......
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

So what the going price for Brodman 4’ 11 grand

Which Chinese’s Factory in are they made in

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
PianoGuy
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by PianoGuy »

Barrie Heaton wrote:So what the going price for Brodman 4? 11 grand

Which Chinese?s Factory in are they made in

Barrie,
Don't know about Brodmann grand prices offhand.

The factory they use is in Yichang I think, in the Hubei Province.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

PianoGuy wrote:
Barrie Heaton wrote:So what the going price for Brodman 4? 11 grand

Which Chinese?s Factory in are they made in

Barrie,
Don't know about Brodmann grand prices offhand.

The factory they use is in Yichang I think, in the Hubei Province.
As I understand it Yichang Jinbao Musical Instrument Manufacturing Co.,Ltd * Use The Same production site as Dongguan Huabao Musical Instrument Manufacturing Co.,Ltd and Toyama Musical Instruments Shanghai co.,ltd

At the moment I am doing some history on china’s piano making production. For the group above piano production for 2006 was 20,020 pianos of which 19,222 were uprights and 798 were grand’s exported was 1,626 units but they are proving difficult to get info on them

There seems to be 5 who are importing/selling Brodman one up Scotland in your neck of the woods

Do we know the price of the uprights?

Barrie,

*may have got mixed up in translation
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
PianoGuy
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by PianoGuy »

Barrie Heaton wrote:
Do we know the price of the uprights?
Approx guide prices for Chinese built Brodmanns (E&OE) in GBP:

BU121 2,665
BU125 2,810
BU132 4,310

Grands:

BG150 6,345
BG162 6,823
BG187 8,189

There are also European built versions of some of the above, none of which I have seen, but prices are approximately 2.5 times the above, or so I am led to believe. Still competitive compared to the likes of Schimmel, Haessler, Zimmermann etc.
Openwood
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by Openwood »

Anyone know how much a BG 228 would cost? I'm currently agonizing over which piano to get for myself on a budget of around £11,000. I'm thinking the BG 228 is probably a hefty hike above that figure but I'd be interested to know.

The obvious choice given my budget is the Yamaha C3 - I play one at a neighbouring school from time to time and it's very good indeed. I just wonder if there's anything else out there which could compete in terms of reliability and value for money. The BG 187 looks good on paper but what the Dickens does it sound like? Anyone tried one?
PianoGuy
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by PianoGuy »

Openwood wrote:Anyone know how much a BG 228 would cost? I'm currently agonizing over which piano to get for myself on a budget of around ?11,000. I'm thinking the BG 228 is probably a hefty hike above that figure but I'd be interested to know.
Around 15K.

I cannot confess to having seen a 228 mind you, but it seems a lot of piano for the money on paper! Not sure what the discount policy is, but the Brodmanns I've seen have all gone for list or close to it. Possibly because demand is matching supply at the moment, and Brodmann are a small company compared to the Yams of this world.

You can't go too far wrong with a C3 though. Lovely pianos, but latest ones need a bit of prep out of the box, so choose carefully!
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

PianoGuy wrote:
Openwood wrote:
You can't go too far wrong with a C3 though. Lovely pianos, but latest ones need a bit of prep out of the box, so choose carefully!

I bit - quite a bit on some. Across the range they seem to be coming in with more work to do on them and I don’t just mean the ones that come in from the docks in boxes. The ones that have been gone over by Yam UK. Take the B1s when they first came in it was manly tuning and toning and the odd stiff key. The last lot hammer off the rest, all the keys have to be sanded and eased, Lots of needle work

Thanks for the Prices for the Brodmanns

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
PianoGuy
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by PianoGuy »

Barrie Heaton wrote: quite a bit on some. Across the range they seem to be coming in with more work to do on them and I don?t just mean the ones that come in from the docks in boxes. The ones that have been gone over by Yam UK.
All the more reason not to buy too cheap!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: