Piano help??

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

Gemma
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Piano help??

Post by Gemma »

Hi,

Ive come across this piano http://www.reidys.com/index.pl?submit=View_PLU&PLU=4578 - can anyone tell me anything about this make. Its very cheap but would it be worth it. Ive got a piano at my parents house but cant get to my parents house as much as i would like so currently practice on a really rubbish keyboard (im at a pretty low level at piano but want to get up to a high level eventually) If i could get something this cheap into my flat it would be great. Just really need something to learn on as my keyboard is really rubbish. What do you think????

Thanks.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Looks like a Vert and going off the price it will be, but as I am waking passed Reidys in the morning I can have a look if you are still interested

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
tuna
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

overstrung

Post by tuna »

according to the advert for the 'payne' piano, it is overstrung and underdamped. In which case, assuming the piano is at pitch, it would seem to be cheap enough.

Cheers
Gemma
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by Gemma »

Hi, thanks for the replies.

Barrie that would be really great if you could do that. Thanks.

Regards
Gemma
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Could not see the Payne and the shop assistant did not know where it was!! Hate that shop no room to move However, they did have a Damann same age 1920s similar case £295 bass was OK treble was soft but refacing would solve that they have a sale on at the moment did not have my folk with me but the piano was in tuneish but down in pitch compared with one next to it if they are giving a Guarantee then its not a bad buy for a first piano, to be honest I forgot about it until I was walking by so I could not test the pins as I did not have my tools with me

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
Gemma
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by Gemma »

Hi Barrie,

Thanks for your help on this and for looking at the pianos for me. I'll give reidys a call.

Regards
Gemma