Yamaha C110A

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

pianolad23
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Yamaha C110A

Post by pianolad23 »

I have just got a new Yam C110A, I'm thrilled with the piano, altho when the piano arrived 2 weeks ago i noticed the C C# D and E notes an octave below middle C are very different in tone to the rest of the piano, like a tubby buzzy sort of tone, being an amatuer in the field i thought it was just out of tune altho having had my free tuning today it hasnt made it any better, the shop have been brill and are sending their own tuner to check it out next week i just thought someone on here may be able to indicate what is wrong, is it the hammers or the strings that are at fault? i hope its nothing more serious.

Many thanks
Chris
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

There's nothing standing on top of the piano, or leaning against it, is there? I speak as one who once drove 17 miles to move a picture frame... :roll:
Sympathetic vibrations can come from the unlikeliest sources; picture frames, lamps, pencils, drinks mats on top, and things like trays, unhung pictures, rulers dropped down the back all cause vibrations. Have a good look before dragging the tuner out, and also make sure the casework has been put back securely. Good luck!
Steve071261
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Steve071261 »

Hi,

I once spent ages trying to eliminate an irritating buzz from my trusty upright. Turned out to be the hinged top. 2 blobs of blu-tack under the lid sorted it out nicely.

Steve
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

Ho yes...three years at College studying piano technology, but DID they ever teach us precisely how to deploy Blutack? Nope. Should be in every tuner's toolcase! :wink: