Kingston Piano

Ask questions on piano history and the age of your piano.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Bill Kibby

lizzzy

Kingston Piano

Post by lizzzy »

Hi,

We have a Kingston piano which we upgraded to and purchased via our tuner a few years ago when our son progressed to grade 5. Our piano tuner has now told us that we should be looking to upgrade again now that he is grade 8 standard. As none of us in the family (apart from one son) is at all musical, we wondered whether anyone knows anything about Kingston pianos? We don't know how to describe it if we were to sell.

Thanks

Liz
Bill Kibby

Kingston

Post by Bill Kibby »

Can you give me any clue as to where in the world this particular Kingston was? There were several, some british, some by Wurlitzer, USA. It is not a famous name, and its value depends entirely on a tuner's report.
Piano History Centre
http://pianohistory.info
Email via my website.
If you find old references or links on this site to pianogen.org, they should refer to pianohistory.info
lizzzy

Kingston

Post by lizzzy »

Sorry,

I have looked for a serial number in some of the places your website desribes, but can't find one. I am only guessing that it would be British, as we live in, and purchased it second hand in, Leicestershire. Our tuner in fact sold this piano to us via a third party and we paid £500 for it four years ago. It is slightly longer than a normal piano, having a wooden bit at the end of the lower keys. (Sorry about the terminology, my son who plays is 15 and is away for the weekend so I can't ask him!). It has a slightly decorative front (a 2" rose and grove panel which goes the length of the piano, with an oval trim, but I don't know if this is original).

Many thanks

Liz