Bought a Palatino Piano!

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

pianolad23
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Bought a Palatino Piano!

Post by pianolad23 »

Well after weeks of pondering ive just bought an upright piano from our local music shop, altho i read on the internet that it is a good make can anyone on here advice me?
Its a Brand new 'Palatino' in like a creamy off white colour, it a gorgeous piano, the Bass, mid range and Treble are amazingly good for the price of the piano and the cabinet is quite detailed. Have i got myself a good piano here ?

Thanks
Chris
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: bought a Palatino piano !

Post by Barrie Heaton »

pianolad23 wrote:Well after weeks of pondering ive just bought an upright piano from our local music shop, altho i read on the internet that it is a good make can anyone on here advice me?
Its a Brand new 'Palatino' in like a creamy off white colour, it a gorgeous piano, the Bass, mid range and Treble are amazingly good for the price of the piano and the cabinet is quite detailed. Have i got myself a good piano here ?

Thanks
Chris
They are a new kid on the block, made in China taking their name from the Italian violin maker not seen one myself but they are popular in the US with their retailers, one of our US visitors may have played one

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
pianolad23
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Palatino

Post by pianolad23 »

Thanks Barrie,

I have read up on the net about these pianos and they have very good reports, they have an amazing sound and at &1500 brand new in White (off-white) i thought i couldnt go wrong.
Steve071261
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Steve071261 »

Hi,

I think that what matters is that YOU like the piano, and YOU are happy with the deal you've got.

Frankly, it doesn't really matter what anybody else thinks, they aren't going to play your piano. That is the problem with buying any item (car, piano, hifi, refrigerator, whatever) on the basis of product reviews - at the end of the day, the opinion that really matters is yours, trust your judgement. By all means look to reviews and articles for advice and setting a shortlist, but then it is down to you. If you like such-and-such a piano, and enjoy playing it, but Fred from www.pianoratingsR-US.com thinks they are little better than firewood, does that really matter?

I don't know this brand myself, but if you've found a piano you like, at a price you think is fair, then be happy! Don't get hung up about what other people's opinion might be. If these pianos are getting good reports as good value for money, then great, but if you should happen to find somebody who doesn't like them, don't allow that negative view to spoil your enjoyment of your piano.

cheers,

Steve