Alex Steinbach Romance JS 121 vs Yamaha LX 113 CP PM

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

gordon23455

Alex Steinbach Romance JS 121 vs Yamaha LX 113 CP PM

Post by gordon23455 »

Hello everyone from hot Sydney,

I am in process of buying piano.I am not professional musician.I like sound and key responsivness of Yamaha, my wife like how Alex Steinbach Romance / Victorian style - with cabriolet legs, look.
Obviously it is taller piano 121cm vs. Yamaha 113cm.
Yamaha /French Provincial model has also cabriolet leg.
I found on internet that A. Steinbach is Samick piano- Korean brand , made in Indonesia for Australian market.Yamaha is made in China .
Steinbach selling here in Sydney for AU$ 5994, Yamaha is AU$ 5600.Both come with stool, free delivery and tuning.
Is Samick good brand ? I found that they took technology from Baldwin pianos in 1982 and they bought in 2002 Bechstein piano factory in Germany.
I always thought that best pianos coming from the Germany , UK or USA but those days ,many pianos are Made in China or Indonesia under different name, maybe from the same factory ?
Is there are any other recomendation from the forum ?

I will appreciate any comment.

Tnak you.

Gordon
Sydney
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Samick are now the worlds larges musical interment maker they have come on quite a lot I have only tuned the Steinbach grands lately for the price they are not bad placed next to a Yamaha you can see the difference on grand of the same size the Steinbach should have a better tone in the bass having a longer string. However, all depends if you are going to upgrade later the Yamaha would sell quicker but if you intend to sit and look- play this piano till they cart you off in a box then go with your wife’s pick she is the one who will have to dust it

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
gordon23455

Alex Steinbach Romance JS 121 vs. Yamaha LX 113 CP

Post by gordon23455 »

I appreciate your prompt response.
I guess the Yamaha will be better choice between those two pianos.

Regards,

Gordon
Sydney