Janssen piano/organ

Ask questions on piano history and the age of your piano.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Bill Kibby

ticktock19852004
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Janssen piano/organ

Post by ticktock19852004 »

Hello! I have a very unique piano. It is an accoustic spinet piano (Hanssen) with a Lowrey organ factory installed. Piano/organ combo. Here is the serial number: 128224. Can anyone tell me how old this piano/organ combo is, and/or some more information on it? thanks
Bill Kibby

Lowrey piano / organ

Post by Bill Kibby »

Is this Hansen or Janssen? And how did they get such a large building inside a piano?
Piano History Centre
http://pianohistory.info
Email via my website.
If you find old references or links on this site to pianogen.org, they should refer to pianohistory.info
ticktock19852004
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Hello!

This is a Jansen piano with a lowrey organ inside. The body of the piano is unusually deep to accomodate the organ. The organ part is situated in front of the strings and fills all of the lower part of the piano. I think we have come across a very unusual find here. Could you tell me the age of this instrument with the serial number i provided. thanks!
Bill Kibby

Janssen / Lowrey

Post by Bill Kibby »

We have had another enquiry on this forum about one of these, and if you search for it, you might be able to compare notes with the other owner. If the number is a Janssen one, it suggests 1955. Otherwise, you need a U.S. source.
Piano History Centre
http://pianohistory.info
Email via my website.
If you find old references or links on this site to pianogen.org, they should refer to pianohistory.info
ticktock19852004
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

thanks!