Dawson Pianos

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

2005JG
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Dawson Pianos

Post by 2005JG »

Hi all,

Just out of curiosity, does anybody have any experience of the own brand of Dawsons Music store? They have a few stores close to me and have seen a few from time to time?

Regards, John
:D
Bill Kibby

Dawson

Post by Bill Kibby »

There have been quite a number of firms named Dawson, but you don't say where you are. I spend most of my time with my head in the 1800s, so I am probably not the best to tell you about recent pianos.
Piano History Centre
http://pianohistory.info
Email via my website.
If you find old references or links on this site to pianogen.org, they should refer to pianohistory.info
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

There were manly up north but they have just took over a few shops in the South of England all the shops are listed on the site I believe the Branded pianos are from the Peril River Factory not seen one may self

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
pianolad23
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Dawsons

Post by pianolad23 »

I can tell you that having just bought my U1 from Dawsons in Chester, their own brand are ****! they look identical to a U1 but what a difference! Far too bright, poor bass, slack action, need I say more ? (soz for the late reply btw!!)
Bill Kibby

Dawsons

Post by Bill Kibby »

We are all entitled to our opinions, but it is essential to state them in a form which does not render you liable to legal action.
Piano History Centre
http://pianohistory.info
Email via my website.
If you find old references or links on this site to pianogen.org, they should refer to pianohistory.info
pianolad23
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Dawson's

Post by pianolad23 »

Dear john,

I have recently (last 6 months) bought my Yamaha U1 from the Chester branch of Dawson's, in my personal opinion they are fantastic, i guess it varies from branch to branch but the service i have recieved has been absoloutly first class, originally i bought a Yamaha C110A, they delivered it i played it for a few weeks decided i didnt like it, they gave me full refund and upgraded me to a U1 instead, both with free tuning, stool and delivery, so yes i would recommend Dawson's, they tend to be on the expensive side but it's better to pay for good service and aftercare than to be ripped off.

Chris