Silent Pianos!

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

Nexum

Silent Pianos!

Post by Nexum »

I am wanting to purchase a silent piano. I was considering the Kemble Oxford Silent. Prices I have quoted are around Ł3,200 - Ł3,500.

I want to know if this is good value for money or are there other silents I should be considering around this price? I also understand that Yamaha and Kemble pianos are produced in the same factory. So, are there any Silent Yamaha pianos I should be considering.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as this is the first accoustic piano I am buying. :)
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

The Kemble Oxford is a very nice piano the silent system they use is the Yamaha one, Schimmel also use the Yamaha system, quite a few makes tend to use the system by QRS which I fined a little more noisy its all down to the technology used. The Ł3200 is a very good price most delers are only offering 15% off Kemble pianos.

The equivalent Yamaha would be P112NTS RRP Ł4,799.00 you can get bigger discounts on Yamahas around 30% to 35% if you have the Yam in Mahogany Walnut Satin you can get it for as little as Ł3,219.00 I prefer the Kemble even thou the back is a tad smaller it's a wormer sound but that is down to preference

Take note of the extras that some dealer offer like free stool,(Ł75) free delivery (can be Ł150) and first tuning (Ł45) they all add up to a big chunk of cash if you have to pay for them all as extras.

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
Nexum

Post by Nexum »

Thanks Barrie for your Prompt reply - I'll try the Yamaha this Saturday with a view to making a decision shortly afterwards... :D