C Bechstein Millenium 116 upright

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

Alan

C Bechstein Millenium 116 upright

Post by Alan »

Anyone out there bought one of these recently. I did about 6 months ago and am not at all impressed with it. In fact my old cheapo Yamaha 110 had a much better feel to its action, the Bechstein has a distinct flick feel when the keys are depressed and the jack comes off the hammer heel, difficult to describe but as you press the key down you can feel a second pressure point as the jack flys off. My tuner has adjusted/regulated the action and got the best position of the regulator button to knock the jack off the hammer heel at the optimum point but it still persists on the keys from around middle C down an octave covering the notes around the over stringing Anybody else out there got one to compare notes ?? Alan
scottjr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by scottjr »

I have the Classic 118 (similar)and the action feels fine
James
PianoGuy
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by PianoGuy »

Did you try it before you bought it?
scottjr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Bechstein

Post by scottjr »

The Bechstein says that your piano is the same basic piano as my 118 Classic which, as I said before, is very good. Indeed to me it sounded and felt better than any other piano in the showroom. Why don't you get another piano technician to look at your Millenium model. My then regular tuner said my previous piano was correctly regulated but it felt wrong to me. Another technician looked at it and explained that the force required to play each note was different. He demonstated this with three weights. He also pointed out the problems of the regulation. This demonstates to me that there are tuners and tuners. Some are more knowledgable and skilled than others.
James
PianoGuy
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by PianoGuy »

......Or was it a cheapie from an internet dealer?....