Digital Piano For Beginner - Or should I Hire

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

gerard

Post by gerard »

I too starded with a keyboard (2000 euros) ignoring about piano at first. then after one year I had to buy a real piano because I was boring with the keyboard sound.
by chance I went in a big store of piano and I bought one for 4000 euros second hand. it s a bit expensive cause it's queue piano.
considering my experience, it shoult have been better if I could buy en upright piano second hand at first instead of a key board. I think it would have been possible for the same price.
the sound is better, the key touch is different too.
this is my advise, seek a good second hand piano

good luck
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

Most teachers prefer their pupils to learn on a proper piano. You can pick up a beginner's one for a couple of hundred quid - yes, a new one would be nice, but there'd be no point spending two grand to find out your boy doesn't like playing! Most people get to about grade 3 then make the decision about a reconditioned older quality piano or a new one. Digital pianos don't hold their value and if something goes wrong five years down the road your chances of getting replacement parts or of having it repaired are negligible.