Is your piano too small?!

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

helmllwyn
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Is your piano too small?!

Post by helmllwyn »

Hello all my fellow piano buddies out there. Just found this on an American website, (what else!). Just in case you thought that your piano could do with supersizing, think again . . . . have a look at this:
http://www.borgato.it/doppioborgato.htm :lol: [/url]
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

I have tuned upright organ practise pianos and all the pedals work the keys but only one strung back

Interesting photo

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
helmllwyn
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by helmllwyn »

hi Barrie,
fascinated by this "piano", I too have played the organists' practice pianos with the single sound board and attatched pedal board. I have never heard of these Italian instruments before. Sounds very experimental,but could be interesting to watch in a way. Certainly I am thinking that the Italians have the edge in the future (as well as the past) of piano manufacture. After all,you only have to think of Fazioli. . . I have never played one ,by the way.
I have always thought that the Germans/Austrians were the masters when it came to piano manufacture,but why that should be so is a mystery as in terms of musical sound ,the Italians have always held all the cards. (Christofori for example)
I am sure that the Orient will catch up with, and copy, our European "sound", but can we really identify the sound these days ,when we are bombarded with "soundalikes" from all quarters.
I am a classical pianist, with a good ear,and I find it quite hard to justify spending £30,000 on a piano to practise on at home.
Obviously,I would spend it if I had it, but (in my experience)most musicians don't.
O.K , Now I am buying a new Yamaha C3! . . .BUT, If I win the lottery this week, I will certainly buy a Bosendorfer 200, or a Fazioli!
We cut our cloth etc etc . . . . . . . .
ticktock19852004
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by ticktock19852004 »

WOW, simply amazing.