Trouble locating serial number

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

Fletch1985

Trouble locating serial number

Post by Fletch1985 »

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have a St. James upright Broadwood piano and have been desperately trying to locate the serial number of the piano, but I cannot find it anywhere! I've checked the soundboard, behind the strings, everywhere that I could think of, but nothing. I'm not sure if anyone would have any suggestions, or if certain models have the serial number in a set place? I believe the piano was made in the 1970s, if that helps?
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

The serial number should be above the tuning pins in the Treble. The number may have been removed in the 70’s some of the manufactures were using Dymo tape mainly B&R but they soon stopped using it

You could ask Broadwood when the St Jams model was introduced I thought it was the 80’s at the Kemble factory. Production of that model stopped in 2003

Barrie
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
Fletch1985

Post by Fletch1985 »

I've checked and found out that the piano is from the 1980s. Had a look above the tuning pins like you suggested, but there's no number there at all. It doesn't look like my piano has a serial number anywhere - is this a bad thing?
A440
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by A440 »

There's nothing good or bad in life but thinking makes it so. (Hamlet,act 2)
Fletch1985

Post by Fletch1985 »

Okaaay.... :?
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

Coo, edyoucated, ent 'e? :shock: