Identity of music for BBC Radio 4 drama 'Miss Mapp'?

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

Yetty
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Identity of music for BBC Radio 4 drama 'Miss Mapp'?

Post by Yetty »

Hello,

Is there a forum member who recognises the piano music used by the BBC Radio 4 drama 'Miss Mapp'?

The ten-part drama is currently broadcast each weekday during this and next week at 1045am, and repeated 745pm.

Regards, Yetty.
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

I see, got the piano tuned and now you want to knock it out again... :lol: Just contact the Beeb; if you ring them, they're really helpful on things like that. I once wanted to know what the theme tune to a TV prog was, and they found out in no time! It doesn't have to be 9 - 5 either, as the duty desk seems to be manned all the time. Look on their website for details.
fumbler
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by fumbler »

Hi,

Nicole World asked this question on the BBC website a couple of days ago. Apparently the answer is Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata (no 14 C sharp min) - 'but the slow movement!'

This is puzzling. Firstly I would take the 'slow movement' as the first, the overwhelmingly popular and most played movement, so why the but and the exclamation mark? Secondly, as this movement is so popular there can be few who don't know its name. I remain unconvinced.

I'll listen at 7.45 tonight. If it isn't the Moonlight then I probably won't know what it is.

Rgds.
fumbler
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by fumbler »

Hi,

Beethovens' Piano Sonata No 14 in C Sharp Minor, Opus 27, No 2: 'Moonlight'. First movement, Adagio.

First movement, farly easy to make a passable attempt. Short second movement, moderate. Third movement - fearsome!

Regards.
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

Perhaps the exclamation mark was to reassure those people who flick through the music from the back first and would therefore have felt faint; I know I would... :wink: