Palatino Pianos

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

shydie

Palatino Pianos

Post by shydie »

Hi, new here to the forums. I was wondering if anyone can give me more information on the palatino's. i could not find much information doing a google search, except all the dealers that sell them. i just want to make sure that i make a good buy. not an expert on pianos-played all of my childhood but, haven't played in years and looking to start up again.

any and as much info would be greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance.
heidi
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

If you had searched the site The question has been asked before and answers given

Click on search and type in Palatino

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
pianolad23
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Palatino

Post by pianolad23 »

Dear shydie , i purchased a white Palatino upright just before christmas, i would say i am semi-pleased with it, altho i find the tone very bright and it has too much resonance compared to my tutors Yamaha U1, i have a tech comin round this week to advise on voicing the hammers to tone it down a bit, all in all they are good pianos, very powerful, good responsive action and amazing bass, better than the yamaha in fact. hope this helps.
Chris
shydie

Post by shydie »

thank you for your reply...much appreciated. i am going to go look at two different models today:
110A
UP108E

what model do you have?
pianolad23
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Palatino

Post by pianolad23 »

Dear Shydie,

The model i have is the UP-123B it is a european model, i dont think i can add a photo but if ud like to give me your e-mail address i can send some.

Regards
Chris
shydie

Post by shydie »

i actually when to go look at it yesterday and it didn't sound good at all, nor look good. so i got a yamaha today T116. thanks for all your help.

kindest regards,
heidi