Bösendorfer viennese action

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

Pablo Romero

Re: 1918 6ft Bluthner grand - slow action?

Post by Pablo Romero »

Hello Barry:
Besides the Blüthner,I have got an antique 1,90m Bösendorfer,from 1905,with viennese action. The piano is great! What a sound board! What an "everything"! But the action is very difficult for me,i mean the regulation.
-How can i get the best of this action?
-Is there anything like what you have found for the antique Blüthner?
-The hammers are not very well,and thet make the sound a little bit dark,because they are covered for leather,is that normal? Can I put it off? I'm thinking in send the hammers to ABEL for replace them in new felt,what do you think about it?
Sorry for my English...
Thank you very much anyway.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

I have split the posts as it is a new topic

In 29 years I have only seen one and condemned it too much wood worm and that was about 20 years ago….

Yes leather coved hammers was the norm I would contact Bösendorfer, see if they will send you the regulating specs

I have

Barrie[/u]
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
Clavira
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

replace

Post by Clavira »

Hello,
You may relpace the action for a new type! I know the right people who for really good price might be able to help you.
Sorry for my english....I'm not from the UK.

Thanks,
Tom
Tomek Skonieczny
Pablo Romero

Re: replace

Post by Pablo Romero »

Hey Tom:
Thanks for answer me.To replace the viennese action is an option,but two things stop me: a romantic spirit and the high price.
But the idea of the modern action is cool for mr too.So,could you send me more information about it? I mean,how much €,where,who,...
Thank you very very much.
BEST REGARDS.
Pablo (from Spain).
Clavira
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

pricing

Post by Clavira »

For any questions and quotation email Mr. Marcin: renovation@grandpiano.com.pl , They do restorations for Boesendorfer,UK.
They are located in Poland. They will collect and deliver your piano for free:-). You may ask for references as well. Give them my name: Tomasz Skonieczny.

Good luck!

Tom
Tomek Skonieczny