Hart & Churchill, Belfast?

Ask questions on piano history and the age of your piano.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Bill Kibby

mpt

Hart & Churchill, Belfast?

Post by mpt »

Has anyone any info on this company. I have a piano and on it are the names "Hart & Churchill, Belfast" and also the name "Brietman". I assume one of these is the manufacturer altho I have no idea which one. There was also a number 794830, possible a serial number and I would like to find out the age and possible value of this piano. Can anyone help, or even advise me where I might be able to get this info.
Thanks.
moz
Bill Kibby

Hart & Churchill

Post by Bill Kibby »

I have answered this by email. As for valuation, see the FAQs above, and also the Valuation button on the PianoGen website.
Piano History Centre
http://pianohistory.info
Email via my website.
If you find old references or links on this site to pianogen.org, they should refer to pianohistory.info
Seaffuryfan

Another Hart & Churchill Owner

Post by Seaffuryfan »

Hello Bill, what an interesting website. I hope you can help with my enquiry.

Our family have recently inherited an upright piano, in good external condition, with the following inscription on the inside of the lid:

"The Gem" manufactured expressly for Hart & Churchill London/Belfast.

A floral design exists on the front face. Can you provide any information on this piano please? Also, how do you recommend we go about getting it tuned/repaired? Yellow Pages, or the web?

Thank you.
Bill Kibby

Hart & Churchill

Post by Bill Kibby »

My earliest reference to them is 1914, they were still around in 1951, but I have never worked on one of their pianos. If you have logged in, you can read on...
Piano History Centre
http://pianohistory.info
Email via my website.
If you find old references or links on this site to pianogen.org, they should refer to pianohistory.info
Seaffuryfan

Post by Seaffuryfan »

Thanks for the reply. sorry for being dull, but I am already logged in. Do you mean I can look around your website to try to find out more?