Wendl & Young VS samick (reid-sohn)

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

pianolad23
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Wendl & Young VS samick (reid-sohn)

Post by pianolad23 »

I currently own a Roland HP330e digital piano and im at grade 6, i think now is the time to go back to acoustic, i want a new piano, i went to my local piano warehouse and i was very impressed with both samick (reid-sohn) and Wendl & Lung, altho i know that wendl & lung is probably chinese it was a fantastic piano, does anyone know anything about theses pianos? my budget is &2200, cant afford a new yamaha or kawai unfourtunatly :( :oops:
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

With a budget of 2200 you can afford a Yamaha you can get a
Yamaha C113T &2,099.00 or Yamaha C109 &1,819.00 or
Yamaha C110A &1,599.00 quite a few places are discounting them there is an Ad at the top of the forum he is dong them at that price Chambland pianos and others do them close to that price if not the same as well

Not come across Wendl & Lung samick pinaos are OK

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
pianolad23
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

thanks

Post by pianolad23 »

Dear Barrie, thank you for your reply, i didnt realise you could get a new Yamaha for under &2500, the C113T appeals to me because i prefer the more traditional look rather than the modern school type piano, looking at there website the music box seems to be a reputable firm, have you had any dealings with them? or know anyone that has ?

Regards

Chris
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

Have you thought about the Bristol Piano Company? They're in Whiteladies Road, Bristol, I think, and although they're millions of miles from here (Buckinghamshire) I have 2 clients who have bought from them because they were so reasonable. They are willing to come down on prices more than your average dealer, and you get to see and try the instrument you buy which is one thing you can't do on the web...
pianolad23
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

none

Post by pianolad23 »

Dear Gill, thanks for your message, i havent tried them no i live in north wales and we have a brill piano warehouse up here but thank you for your suggestion anyway.

Regards

Chris
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: thanks

Post by Barrie Heaton »

pianolad23 wrote:Dear Barrie, thank you for your reply, i didnt realise you could get a new Yamaha for under &2500, the C113T appeals to me because i prefer the more traditional look rather than the modern school type piano, looking at there website the music box seems to be a reputable firm, have you had any dealings with them? or know anyone that has ?

Regards

Chris
Yes I do know them, I do some their prepping of their new pianos along side two other tuners I also do work for Rimmers Music, Bluthners, and in the past Harrods when it was subcontracted to Welmars also did work for BPM and some times for Steinways

He is the sort of dealer tuners like - he pays prompt and if you tell him that needs doing to sort a problem out he says, “Get on with it”

I try not to push him too much but it is difficult with his prices being so low

But please do remember it is always better to sit in front of the piano you are going to buy and try it

You should also try Tostevins this person got a good deal there but not on a Yamaha
http://www.uk-piano.org/piano-forums/vi ... highlight=

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
pianolad23
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

none

Post by pianolad23 »

Thanks for your advice Barrie, we have 2 piano warehouses within 40 miles either way from where i live so i will prob end up buyin a piano from either of them ! it's just knowing which ones are best! if i have to part with &2500 then i gotta be sure the piano i choose is a good one.

Regards
Chris
2005JG
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by 2005JG »

Hi

I have a Wendl and would recommend them. If you get them at the right price they can fit into your price category. I can only say that having used the Wendl, I am very very pleased. It is of course a personal choice upon which tone, playability and looks fit you.

Also, Rimmers Southport helped out a great deal in obtaining the Wendl And Lung.