The best room in the house?

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

Ipayne117
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

The best room in the house?

Post by Ipayne117 »

This may seem a strange question but where should I be putting my piano? We currently have it in the conservatory but there is no heating in there and it obviously gets very hot in summer and rather cooler in winter months. There is also some condensation. This cant be good for the poor piano, however, the other option is in the dinning room, but it would be next to a radiator, this cant do it any favors either can it? :roll:
joseph
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Re: The best room in the house?

Post by joseph »

just make a space for it somewhere sensible, not so close to a radiator and not in the conservatory. What would be wrong with having it in the living room? Lots of people put pianos in dining rooms. My parents did the same, because a piano is something that should be relegated to second place in their eyes. I have never understood this.
Ipayne117
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by Ipayne117 »

unfortunately we only have a small house, if we were to a put a piano in our lounge we would have to sit in the dinning room. However I do agree they are beautiful pieces of furniture as well as wonderful instruments.
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

Turn the rad off and park the piano there, and turn the conservatory into your dining room.
I play for my own amazement... :piano;