Alex Steinbach

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

Michelle1970

Alex Steinbach

Post by Michelle1970 »

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone could please give me their opinion on Alex Steinbach pianos.

I have recently started learning the piano. After I finally decided that I would prefer new over used (after much research on the net) I went out and listened to heaps of pianos and decided that the Alex Steinbach "Romance" model (121cm) was my choice, based on sound, looks, and of course, my budget.

So, I was hoping to get some honest opinions and advice on Alex Steinbach pianos. Of course, the sales person told me they were great but he was trying to sell me one after all! He also told me that Kawai are better than Yamaha and that Yamaha are over priced - is this true?

ANY advice would be greaty appreciated.

Thank you,
Michelle
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

I have only tuned a few new ones they took a lot of prep work to get them up and stable, but once they settled in for the price they are OK I have seen worse. Both local dealers who stocked them have now dropped them because of quality issues very inconsistent. However, you must take into account this is the UK and the importer in the US may spend time on them before they are shipped to the retailers.

As to Kawai being better than Yamaha on the lower end I would say Yamaha are better in the mid range there is not a lot in it, on the top end the Yamaha pianos settle down quicker and tend to be a little more stable in a shifting environment, and have a better base on their S pianos on the concert grand I would say Kawai are better but that is my opinion as to been over priced you pay for what you get. And Steinbach are not in the same league as Yamaha or Kawai.

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
Michelle1970

Steinbach

Post by Michelle1970 »

Thank you, Barrie. It's great to get some good advice - I really appreciate it.

Michelle