New to buying, please help

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

Kate81

New to buying, please help

Post by Kate81 »

Hi, Im about to commence piano lessons for the first time, I will be purchasing a piano ASAP, I want to get a relatively good clavinova not just one for a beginner as I dont intend to splash out for another in a while. I've been told Casios are only good for calculators, and I should go for a Yamaha YDP223 (i think), these are now discontinued, is this a bad thing? And I've heard that Kawai are quite good too, true? Please if anyone can give some advice I would greatly appreciate it, I dont want to take the salesmans word for it when spending a small fortune.
Many thanks.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

I am not that up on digital pianos but since you live in the north Rimmers have a price promise so when you have decided what to get, give them a ring you may save some money, they have 6 shops the new Bolton one is the closest to you it is on the top floor of Harker and Howarth don’t know the phone number this is the number of the Leyland shop Tel: 01772 433281

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
Kate81

Post by Kate81 »

Thanks Barrie, I will give that a whirl.