Kemble Minx - 1950s

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

The price is not bad and the case looks quite nice but that is all we can say about that piano with out looking at it. However, what we can say is that all Mine pianos have the same problems the action is more harder to play then a normal one because of the extra linking rods – the over all tone is not very good because of it size and some tuners don’t like working on them for many reasons but the Kemble ones are not to bad to get at the parts compared to some

Having said the above I do have a few on my round and for piano player who have limited space they can be a good buy – if you accept that the will not have a good as tone as a larger piano and not as responsive as a normal action then they are fine but I would get a tuner to look at it first
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
Geoff

Kemble Minx

Post by Geoff »

I owned a kemble minx and found it played reasonably well but have since gone back to a good full size piano and I could never look at a minx again. I found them hard to keep in tune and not easy to play as the action felt uneven and hard work.
minx by name minx by nature

geoff