Jacob Doll & Sons player piano dating

Ask questions on piano history and the age of your piano.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Bill Kibby

Katmid
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by Katmid »

Hi Joyce,

I would recommend that you contact the shipper or the US government to find out what documentation they will accept to prove the age.

Cheers,
Kat
Joyceteje
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Jacob Doll & Sons player piano dating

Post by Joyceteje »

I just travelled overseas in order to take my mom's piano back to the US and the shipper surprised me with problems with the ivory keys, I have
been in contact with them since August, and she only told me that two
months later, after I traveled! Can you please help me find the age of my piano? It is as Jacob Doll & Sons, formerly a player piano, with the
following numbers: US Pat # 1055823 and with the number 6487 engraved on the wood above the pedals. Which of the two is the serial number? How can I document the age of my piano? Is there a catalogue that I can consult for that? If it is over 100 years old, it would be exempt from the Cites pre-trade certification requirement. Please help, I have to go back home in a few days and I do not want to lose my piano.Thank you
Joyce
Joyce
Bill Kibby

Ivory

Post by Bill Kibby »

I have no experience of importing or exporting, but I would suggest you read the item about Rordorf.
Last edited by Bill Kibby on 09 Jan 2009, 14:24, edited 1 time in total.
Piano History Centre
http://pianohistory.info
Email via my website.
If you find old references or links on this site to pianogen.org, they should refer to pianohistory.info
Tia010

Hi

Post by Tia010 »

Hi,
This seems an interesting and useful information to for me.
Thanks for such a nice blog!!

Tia