New Piano

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

PMcGeough
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

New Piano

Post by PMcGeough »

I am thinking of buying a 5 year old Eavestaff 109 - does anyone have any experience of these? I would appreciate any advice or comments.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

I tune quite a few of the new Eavestaff on the whole they are not bad for the price However, they do tend to need more tunings in the first year to settle them down, they don’t like been moved the pitch swings bit like Knights for that

They sell new for about &1700 up north

Barrei,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
PMcGeough
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

New Piano

Post by PMcGeough »

Thank you Barrie for this helpful information.
PMcGeough
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Eavestaff 109

Post by PMcGeough »

Still debating about this. Like the sound of the piano but will it last or is it just as likely to last as a more expensive new piano? I can see that I could get a Yamaha 109 for several hundred pounds more. I have an old family piano which I am not awful happy with the sound of - but it is so solid.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

5 years is nothing to a new piano - you could pay the extra and get the new Yamaha you will have the 5 year guarantee but do you like the sound of the new one or the sound of the 5 year old one - if at a later date you whish to upgrade the Yamaha will sell faster at the end of the day you have to sit and play them a lot, decide which your like and go for it

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page