DGX-200 song transfers(saving your songs vs pc)

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

dragontower

DGX-200 song transfers(saving your songs vs pc)

Post by dragontower »

Hi, I recently got my DGX-200.What an excellent piano to!I've come to a point that my "user 1-5" are full of my own recordings.Now I need to transfer these to my computer.So I went and got the "UX-16" cable to do the job,including the recomended "Songfiler software"...
...After all was properly installed, I tried to receive files from piano and it keeps giving me an error message "could not find the connection..."
after trying to do several things I failed in all directions.
How do one get his/her compositions off the piano to the computer???

...yes all cables/connectors/hosts/software and whatever is working...one more thing I noticed, in the manual(DGX-200)it says on p72"you cannot use the Songfile's receive files function with the DGX-200.
So why does it recomend this software on yanaha's site for the DGX-200???
Miyxam

Partial Answer

Post by Miyxam »

I believe that the user memory is inaccessible through an external source. The SongFiler is built for Songs 101-199; you can send MIDIs to this "Flash Memory" and further tweak them through the keyboard.

There should be a method of converting the User201-205 songs to the Song101-199 format, but there isnt. This makes all the sense in the world; Yamaha has provided us with a way of recording music, but no way to get the music off of the keyboard...?!

Personally, I link my keyboard to Cakewalk; this is a relatively inexpensive method of recording (I can only use 127 of the 650 voices though; this is annoying as he-double hockey stick!) as opposed to owning a MIDI controller and a computer-based patch system. I'm most likely going to move up to this stage soon; this keyboard is so limited...
Leizul/INIFNA : Synthesis