on line appraisal

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

Geminoz
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

on line appraisal

Post by Geminoz »

hmmmmmmm I was poking around looking for information on transposing pianos after reading Gill's reply to one of the posts in here....I figured I come back fully informed and not look so dumb for a change :wink:
My search led me to the following site....which offers....for a price....on line appraisals of a piano's worth. :shock:
Apparently it only provides ballpark figures.
Wonder if they could give me a ballpark figure on my car as well.
If you want to take a loook it's

http://www.concertpitchpiano.com/PianoWorth.html
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

Do you think they'd diagnose the pain in the little toe on my left foot as well...? :lol:
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

The USA need I say more

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
sussexpianos
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by sussexpianos »

do they want a recording as well, why not send them a feature length video!
What next? Tuning by fax machine?? How about an invention to tune all 220 wrest pins at the same time?? wow, I could tune 30 pianos a day!!
Almost as silly as 1 day course to learn piano tuning! I have been told this did happen once using electronic tuners! The myth that digital is better than the ear??
please,
sussexpianos
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by sussexpianos »

mm, debug?
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

sussexpianos wrote:How about an invention to tune all 220 wrest pins at the same time??

its out there,.....!!

The self tuning piano you press one button and the piano retunes its self to the master tuning QRS and Story & Clark were working on it with the inventor

http://www.qrsmusic.com/Press/pr02032501.htm

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
PianoGuy
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by PianoGuy »

When a decent piano maker adopts the idea we'll all have something to worry about, but whilst he's working with the likes of Story and Clark, I don't think it'll be a goer.

What a stupid idea when your piano has to draw a couple of kilowatts from the mains just to keep it in tune. This system requires the pianos strings to be heated all the time the piano's in use. Switch it off and it wanders sharp again. Another case of well-intentioned but misguided engineers bu**ering about with pianos. I bet the bloke's a nightmare to meet in the pub.